Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It was released on 2 July 2019. Players that pre-ordered Shadowbringers were able to play the game ahead of the official launch. Early access started on Friday, June 28 2019 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT).
Story[edit | edit source]
Ala Mhigo is at last free from imperial rule, but that liberty may prove fleeting as the Empire moves to both reclaim this bloodied nation and subjugate all of Eorzea. In their hour of need, however, they cannot turn to the Warrior of Light. Nor to the Scions, who yet slumber, their souls adrift. The realm is left to struggle without its saviors, for they have been beckoned beyond time and space─beckoned to the First.
Here a new adventure begins in a world where light ushers all unto oblivion. But hope is not yet lost, for where there is light there is shadow.
Features[edit | edit source]
- New jobs: Dancer, Gunbreaker
- New playable races: Hrothgar, Viera
- Level cap increase from 70 to 80
- A new adventure awaits in Norvrandt
- New cities to explore: The Crystarium and Eulmore
- Journey through expansive new areas, such as Rak'tika, Amh Araeng, Il Mheg, and Lakeland
- New trials, including a harrowing encounter with Titania, ruler of the pixies, and Innocence
- New beast tribes: pixies, Nu Mou, dwarves
- A plethora of new dungeons to explore
- A challenging new 8-player raid: Eden
- An exciting new alliance raid series: YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse
- Tackle Shadowbringers main scenario dungeons solo while fighting alongside prominent characters with the new Trust system
- Relive the adventures from your past with your current level and gear via the New Game+ system
- The Restoration of the Holy See of Ishgard ─ In the aftermath of the Dragonsong War, Disciples of the Hand and Land work together to rebuild Ishgard
Pre-order bonuses[edit | edit source]
In addition to early access to the expansion, players that pre-ordered Shadowbringers received the following in-game items:
Increases EXP earned by 30%! An earring modeled after the aetherytes found in settlements across Eorzea. Please do not attempt to teleport to yourself.
This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user's class/job and current level when equipped. Additionally, the earring grants a 30% increase in EXP when worn, perfect for leveling your jobs to 70 in preparation for Shadowbringers!
- The bonus effect will only apply from level 1 through 70.
- Equippable only by Disciples of War or Magic classes and jobs.
There is nothing more invigorating than venturing into unfamiliar lands with a baby gremlin nipping at your heels and bad mouthing your every move.
Videos[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Collector's Edition
- Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
- Patch 5.0
[edit | edit source]
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers on the official site