|This article is a stub. You can help Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Wiki by .|
PvP allows players to compete against one another in one of several unique duties. These duties involve battles fought against other players rather than in-game creatures and incorporates an independent battle system with its own set of unique rules.
Requirements[edit | edit source]
A job level 30 or higher is required to participate in the Wolves' Den, Frontline, or Rival Wings.
Player attributes and jobs[edit | edit source]
When entering a PvP instance, all player attributes, including item level, will be updated to their PvP counterparts.
Duties that allow players to change roles will be restricted to jobs only.
Battle system[edit | edit source]
Spell casting cannot be interrupted by taking damage. The following are unavailable in PvP duties:
- Blocking with shields
- Critical hits
- Direct hits
Players can gain resistance to the following status ailments:
- After being inflicted with a status ailment, players will temporarily gain resistance to said ailment when its effect wears off.
|Status||Effect duration||Resist duration|
|Stun||Dependent on the action used||10 seconds|
Actions[edit | edit source]
Players will be limited to a unique set of actions and traits that can only be used in PvP duties.
General actions[edit | edit source]
Certain actions will be unavailable during PvP duties.
|Action||Wolves' Den Pier||Duels||The Wolves' Den||Frontline||Rival Wings|
|Flying Mount Roulette||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
Hotbars[edit | edit source]
When entering a PvP instance, all hotbars will be updated to their PvP counterparts.
Adrenaline Rush[edit | edit source]
In the Feast, adrenaline rush will replace the limit break action and unlike limit break, can be used by single players. The adrenaline rush gauge can be filled through combating enemies and other objectives dependent on the PvP duty. The adrenaline rush action performed will depend on your role.
Text commands[edit | edit source]
PvP actions also require unique text commands.
Examples[edit | edit source]
- /pvpaction "action name" "target"
- /pvpaction "Cure" <t>
- /pvpaction "Butcher's Block Combo" <t>
- (Executes the indicated action or combo action on a designated target.)
- /macroicon "icon name" pvpaction
- /macroicon "Cure" pvpaction
- /macroicon "Butcher's Block" pvpaction
- (Displays the specified PvP action or combo action's icon. Can only be used once in the first line of a user macro.)