|“||Everyone here is after something-fame, notoriety, power, money. Me? I'll have the whole bloody lot.||„|
|~ Self-made Lalafell and former Syndicate Member, Cicidoa Sosodoa|
Ul'dah is a city-state located on the continent of Aldenard. The bustling commercial hub sits amid the desolate desert landscape on the southern end of the continent. The city is organized strategically around the dome-shaped citadel at its center. Its towering fortifications and protective outer walls are visible for malms in all directions, and serve as a stark deterrent to would-be besiegers.
Visitors from every corner of Eorzea come to Ul'dah to partake in the city's famed recreation, most notably the fighting arenas and gambling halls. Ul'dahn culture is known for its affluence, and the wealth of the nation comes in large part from abundant mineral resources and prestigious clothcraft industry.
Historically, it is the sultan who claims sovereignty over Ul'dah, but true power is wielded by the Syndicate, an elite group of the most influential and richest members of society. Nald'thal is the patron deity of the city, and two great halls devoted to his two aspects, can be found in the eastern and western sections of the city.
Locations[edit | edit source]
The lower level of the city is the Merchant Strip:
- The Hourglass Inn, which contains the Adventurers' Guild, The Quicksand
- Ruby Road Exchange
- Sapphire Avenue Exchange
- Chocobo Stables
- Romululu's Bric-a-Brac
- Ul'dah Aetheryte Plaza
- The Dunes
- Platinum Mirage, the local Pugilists' Guild
- The Radius
- Arrzaneth Ossuary, the Thaumaturges' Guild
- The Coliseum, the Gladiators's Guild
- Eshtaime's Aesthetics, jewelry store
- Eshtaime's Lapidaries, the Goldsmiths' Guild
- Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern, the Miners' Guild
- Milvaneth Sacrarium, the temple of Nald
- Sunsilk Tapestries, the Weavers' Guild
The middle level of the city is Hustings Strip:
- The Royal Promenade, the Syndicate headquarters
- Scholars' Walk
- Rondale's Phrontistery, the Alchemists's Guild
Factions[edit | edit source]
There are three factions within Ul'dah:
Quests and leves[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Ul'dah produces slashing-type one-handed swords and is surrounded by desert. Martial arts tournaments are held here.
References[edit | edit source]
- Famitsu. "Capital Cities and Relations." Connect!On Mar. 2010: 61. Print.